Thursday, October 30, 2008

For Emily... Reliving High School...

1. Did you date someone from your high school?
Kind of- one guy, but he graduated many years before me...

2. What kind of car did you drive?
Haha (so embarassing)- I "inherited" my Granny's Silver Pontiac Grand Am, it totally looked like a Granny car too!

3. Were you a party animal?
Of course not! I was very well-behaved.

4. Were you considered a flirt?
Haha, no! I was kind of shy in that sense.

5. Where you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Choir (my Senior year only)- we had an all-girl show choir. It was way fun, we traveled and competed and sang and dance.

6. What was your most embarrassing moment in high school?
I don't remember... or don't want to! Probably what I wore- I tended to wear weird things, hmm?

7. Were you a nerd?
I hope not! But even so, I had some friends that might have been considered "nerdy".

8. Were you on varsity teams?
Ya right! I was a CLUB-er!

9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled?
I never even got a detention! I was a model student (like Emily :) ).

10. Can you still sing the fight song?
Yes sir!

11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Carly McCarty. She was my Yearbook and Journalism advisor. She was young, fun, and was actually more like a friend. She even got baptized and became LDS! (after I graduated) Need I say more? :)

12. What was your school full name?
Jurupa Valley High School (Go Jags!)

13. School mascot?
Jaguar

14. Did you go to the Homecoming dance and with who?
Hmm, I only went my Senior year and that was with Nick Rex, a boy from my Stake.

15. If you could go back, would you?
Hmm, possibly. Only if I could fast forward some parts. I would have been a cheerleader- always wanted to do that! I think I may have not been as outgoing as I wanted or had to be to be a cheerleader until my Senior year, but by then it was too late.

16. What do you remember most about graduation?
The day? It was HOT! It was bittersweet. I couldn't wait to get to Drew's Grad party though!

17. Where did you go senior skip day?
School! I had to go EVERY DAY! I did the morning announcements and wouldn't relinquish that, even for one day.

18. Were you in a club?
YES! Yearbook, Journalism, FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), Debate, Show Choir and my favorite... ASB (Associated Student Body/Student Government) where I was the Commissioner of Publicity!

19. Have you gained some weight since then?
Um, a little. I was little in high school, now I would think of myself as- average?

20. Who was your prom date?
Senior year- I didn't have one! It was a tragedy, esp considering I was Prom Royalty! haha. I went with two girlfriends.

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 yr reunion?
Hmm, maybe, probably not actually. For those that I want to stay in touch with, I do.

22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?
To be as confident my first three years as I was my Senior year.


And now... I TAG... Lisa, Monica, Candace, Kristin and Sarah! Hehehehe.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

me, Kristin?!?! Or some other Kristin?

Emily said...

Great tag Kate! I love it :) I bet we would have been friends in high School had we gone to the same school :)

Jami Hansen said...

I would of beat the crap out of you in High School cause you were to perfect. J/K I would of wanted you to be my friend cause my friends were back stabbers. Unless you would of taken any of the guys I was seeing. My friends were good at that. Thank you for the b-day card. Your such a sweetheart. I miss you.